Included with all plans is the ability to show patients short narrated movies called narratives. These narratives are between 1 and 5 minutes in length and provide an overview of a particular topic. They can be shown to patients after a diagnosis or prior to a consultation. The very same content can be used during a consultation and sent home as a brochure for later reference by the patient.
How can I play narratives for patients?
You can play narratives for your patients here. You can select which narrative or narratives you wish to play, followed by how you would like them to be played. You can also play a narrative when you are viewing a storyboard by clicking the Play Narrative button on the toolbar on the right side of the screen.
Can I play more than one narrative at a time?
Yes. You can select as many narratives as you need to play from the Play Narratives page. Each narrative you select will show a selected icon and the summary at the bottom of the screen will indicate how many narrative you have currently selected and the total playing time.
Can I edit the content of the narratives?
Yes. Narratives are fully editable, so you can customize which animations are shown and the associated captions shown and spoken. To edit a narrative, first visit the narrative list here and select the narrative you wish to edit. Click the Edit Narrative button on the toolbar on the right side of the screen to be taken to the editing experience. Once you have edited the narrative to your liking, you can save your changes. These changes apply to that narrative, as well as the associated storyboard and brochure.
Can I change the voice of the narrator?
Yes. There are male and female options and unique accents that you can select. To change the voice used for your entire practice, visit here. When selecting narratives to play, you can also override this selection in the second step shown.
What other options can I configure?
There are a few options you can configure when playing narratives.
- Mute: You can toggle whether narratives are muted or not by clicking the Speaker icon in the lower left of the narrative screen, by the playback controls.
- Captions: You can toggle whether captions are shown or not by clicking the Closed Caption icon in the lower right of the narrative screen.
- Autoplay: You can toggle whether narratives automatically play when you view them by tapping the Gear icon in the lower right of the narrative screen.
- Autoloop: You can toggle whether narratives automatically loop upon completion by tapping the Gear icon in the lower right of the narrative screen.
- Music: You can toggle whether narratives play background music by tapping the Gear icon in the lower right of the narrative screen.